Thursday, February 19, 2009

24-36- Hut

I didn't play much football as a kid. I couldn't really kick it, throw it or punt it. I remember distinctly how rotten I felt when other kids were doing so well at the kick, throw, and pass contest at school and I wasn't GRRRR!

Even though I don't play football well, I do know what it is like to carry the ball. Each day I have the ball of my life passed to me and I'm expected to get it to the end zone by bedtime. It's exhausting.

I wanted to describe to you what it sometimes feels like to carry the ball of my life.

The ball is snapped…I take it to the left….fake a pass…and then charge up the field. I break a tackle. I'm free running for the end zone. I could…go…all…the…way. NOOOO! Number 56 Mean Green Stress Machine is right on my tail. Will he catch me? Don't look. Keep running. FASTER! I feel him on my heels. POW! I'm down. Air has left my lungs. I can't breathe. Take a breath. I can't. BREATHE! I can't!! Finally a gasp returns air to my lungs. My chest hurts. I have turf in my face guard. OK huddle up, let's do it again.

Such is the game of life. We huddle up in the morning and then run as fast as we can during the day hoping we won't get tackled. Mean Green Stress Machine is my biggest adversary. He constantly wants to tackle me and hurt me. Is there a way to avoid this daily assault from Mean Green? I believe there is.

God's word says:
1 Peter 5:7 (New International Version)

7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Matthew 11:28 (New International Version)

28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

I have found when I daily cast my cares on him through prayer he watches my back. It's usually when I don't come to him that I get tackled pretty hard.

Jesus is a pretty good football player. I would highly recommend him on your team.

Dear Heavenly Father,

May I daily cast my cares on to you. May you watch and protect my back so that evil does not over take me. May I live the abundant life you came to give me and walk in obedience to your words.

In Jesus Name,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment